Windows 10 – Keyboard Shortcuts
In this blog post, I’d like to share a list of Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts with you.
Windows 10 has been launched and it is running on over 70 million devices as when the post is being written. This post lists many new keyboard shortcuts that have been included in Windows 10 and also the ones that pre-exist on Windows devices.
Here’s my list of Windows 10 shortcuts, and – in addition – some of my favorite “old but gold” shortcuts known from previous versions of Windows:
New Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- WIN + A : Open Action Center
- WIN + G : Open Game Bar
- WIN + I : Open Settings “Trusted Windows Store” App
- WIN + Q : Search using voice in Cortana
- WIN + S : Search using text in Cortana
- WIN + X : Open Context menu associated with Start button
- WIN + Print Screen : Capture Screenshot of current window and save it in Pictures folder
- WIN + Ctrl + D : Create new Virtual Desktop
- WIN + Ctrl + Left / WIN + Ctrl + Right : Switch between Virtual Desktops
- WIN + Ctrl + F4 : Close Current Virtual Desktop
- WIN + TAB : Open Task View
- WIN + Left Key / WIN + Right Key : Snap Windows to Left/Right
- WIN + Up Key / WIN + Down Key : Snap Windows to Up/Down
Existing Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10
- WIN + B : Show Hidden Icons in Task bar
- WIN + D : Show Desktop
- WIN + E : File Explorer
- WIN + H : Open Share Bar
- WIN + K : Open Connect Bar
- WIN + L : Lock User
- WIN + P : Project Screen
- WIN + R : Open Run Box
I’m pretty sure there are much more keyboard shortcuts you can use to speed up your work with Windows 10. If you experience new ones, please let me know! I will try to keep the above list up to date.
Hope the shortcuts help you. Keep learning and sharing.