People Sense – finding friends on Windows Phone
According to Spanish-language site Microsoft Place, the company is in the process of developing an app called People Sense, which looks to deeply integrate Bing Maps with messaging and calling features.
Currently in the development stage, People Sense, codenamed Buddy Aware will allow you to share your location in real time with contacts stored on your agenda. The basic concept is familiar if you’ve seen Apple’s Find My Friends, but there’s a stronger emphasis on reaching out — you can call or message contacts in-app, and even get directions if you’d like to meet face to face.
In addition to providing real-time location info for the people you follow, it will give detailed directions to contacts’ locations and also have calling and messaging baked right in. By the looks of it, the only thing it lacks is notifications for when friends are nearby, though more features might be on the way.
The features included are:
- Share your location in real time with your contacts.
- Integrated messaging and calling application.
- Integration with navigation applications step by step drawing paths to your contacts.
- Integration with your favorite places to show like “home” or “work”
- New features to be added before leaving the store
The application is currently not available in the store . You must wait a little longer to enjoy it.